Fifth-Annual List Honors Leading MSSP, MDR and SOCaaS Cybersecurity Companies Worldwide
SEPTEMBER 21, 2021: MSSP Alert, published by After Nines Inc., has named Digital Umbrella to the Top 250 MSSPs list for 2021 www.msspalert.com/top250.
The list and research identify and honor the top MSSPs, managed detection and response (MDR) and Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS) providers worldwide.
The rankings are based on MSSP Alert’s 2021 readership survey combined with the digital media site’s global editorial coverage of managed security services providers. The fifth-annual list and research report track the managed security service market’s ongoing growth and evolution.
“After Nines Inc. and MSSP Alert congratulate Digital Umbrella on this year’s honor,” said Amy Katz, CEO of After Nines Inc. “Amid continued ransomware, malware and supply chain cyberattacks, the MSSP Alert readership and community continues to mitigate risks for businesses and government organizations worldwide.”
Highlights from the associated MSSP Alert research include:
- MSSP Revenue Growth & Financial Performance: MSSP honorees, on average, expect to generate $22.3 million in revenue for 2021, up 16% from $19.2 million in 2020. The growth rate remains consistent with last year’s report.
- Geography: Honorees are headquartered in 26 different countries.
- Profits: 85% of MSSPs surveyed expect to be profitable for fiscal year 2021, which is roughly even with 2020.
- Security Operations Centers: 71% have in-house SOCs, 19% are hybrid, 8% completely outsource their SOCs, and 2% are reevaluating their SOC strategies.
- Cyberattack Trends: The most frequent attacks targeting MSSP customers in 2021 include vulnerability exploits (87%), phishing (96%), and ransomware (89%) incidents.
- Cybersecurity Solutions: In a continued sign of market fragmentation, MSSP survey participants mentioned 130 different hardware, software, cloud, and services vendors that assist their cybersecurity efforts -- roughly even with our 2020 report.
- New Managed Security Services Offered: In addition to traditional managed security services, capabilities such as MDR (91%) have now gone mainstream. Plus, fast-growth services offered include SOC as a service (76%), XDR (67%), cyber talent as a service (43%) and cloud security posture management (41%).
The Top 250 MSSPs list and research were overseen by Content Czar Joe Panettieri (@JoePanettieri). Find the online list and associated report here: http://www.msspalert.com/top250.
New cyberthreats are emerging every day, penetrating even the most highly secured networks. Organizations need to ensure their entire IT infrastructure is always protected. Digital Umbrella is a multi-tiered comprehensive cybersecurity solution that focuses on aligning people, processes, and tools in order to offer customized protection that will keep your organization running efficiently and securely.
Unlike traditional security software solutions—which are incomplete, expensive, and give a false sense of security—Digital Umbrella is a comprehensive security solution with deep layers of protection that is created and monitored by live humans 24/7/365. This allows us to protect and defend the critical organizations that provide for our local communities including: Department of Defense Contractors and Manufacturers, Healthcare, Municipal Government, Banking and Financial Services, and Small-Midsized Businesses.
"Digital Umbrella has been paramount in our continuous pursuit of strengthening and maturing our security,” said Matt Fristoe, COO, Apex Technology Management. “As an organization, we feel the tremendous urgency and the incredible trust that our clients place in us to take extra precautions to keep our clients safe and secure. With Digital Umbrella we have been able to share our concerns and our paranoia in the efforts to continuously seek potential risks and deploy risk mitigating measures."
About Digital Umbrella
Digital Umbrella is the Advanced Cybersecurity division of New Charter Technologies. Our mission is to protect and eliminate the vulnerabilities of organizations to ensure our society is operating safely, freely, and efficiently. We execute this mission by delivering comprehensive cybersecurity services backed by a team of strategic vCISOs.
About New Charter Technologies
New Charter Technologies is building a caliber of business the IT industry hasn’t yet seen. Serving small-to-medium sized businesses in 10+ industries across North America, we deliver best-in-class technology solutions to propel our clients into the digital world. Learn more here: https://newchartertech.com/
About After Nines Inc.
After Nines Inc. provides timeless IT guidance for strategic partners and IT security professionals across ChannelE2E (www.ChannelE2E.com) and MSSP Alert (www.MSSPAlert.com). ChannelE2E tracks every stage of the IT service provider journey — from entrepreneur to exit. MSSP Alert is the global voice for Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs).
For sponsorship information contact After Nines Inc. CEO Amy Katz, Amy@AfterNines.com
For content and editorial questions contact After Nines Inc. Content Czar Joe Panettieri, Joe@AfterNines.com
About MSSP Alert
MSSP Alert is the global voice of the Managed Security Service Provider industry. Our exclusive business, technology and cybersecurity content empowers you to build or partner your way toward MSSP success. We address the single most important IT and business issue facing organizations worldwide: How to safeguard customer assets. More information is available at www.msspalert.com.